SharkDecember 17, 2019
Cyr IIDecember 18, 2019
Ulysse Girard Marlin – Mens Stainless Steel Tachymeter Sport Watch Water Resistant to 330 Ft. – Colored Analog Dial, Quartz Movement – Tachymeter
- Flat Colored Dial with large Luminous Rectangular Indicies at the Hour Markers
- Miyota 2315 Movement with Easy to Read Luminous Hour and Minute hands with Colored Second Hand
- Stainless Steel Case with built in Crown Protection, Screw off Case Back , an Embossed Numeral bezel with Date Magnification Lens and Tachymeter.
- Fully Adjustable triple row stainless steel link bracelet with push button deployant safety clasp.
- Water Resistant to 100 Meters
How to use the Tachymeter
The most common use of a tachymeter is for measuring the approximate speed of a vehicle over a known distance.
(e.g.) Based on how many seconds it takes a vehicle to travel 1km or 1 mile (the available measuring range is up to 60 seconds), the average speed within the distance can be calculated.
- Start the reading of the second hand at the 12 position when the vehicle commences travel
- After the vehicle has travelled 1 km/1 mile, re-read the position of the second hand as it relates to the tachymeter scale.
- The approximate average speed within the distance can be determined by observing the present position of the second hand and reading the outer bezel.
Note: The tachymeter indications may appear on dial ring, rather than on the outer bezel (depending on model).
As shown in the illustration, it takes the vehicle 45 seconds to travel 1km so the approximate average speed is 80kph (50 mph).
Chrome Plated Stainless Steel, 18 millimeters
100m / 330ft
Japanese Quartz – Miyota 2315 Movement
Standard 377 (SR626SW) battery
Hours, minutes, central chronograph seconds, date