CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Always rinse your watch under running lukewarm water after swimming in the sea (saltwater).
- Leather is a natural, porous material. You should therefore avoid allowing a top-quality leather strap to come into contact with oils, solvents and cleaning products or cosmetics. By doing so, you can prevent discolorations or premature ageing of the material.
- If you own several watches, always keep them well apart to prevent them from scratching each other.
- Avoid vibrations and impacts (e.g. when playing golf or tennis, mountain biking, etc.) as well as extremes of temperature (over 60°C/ 140 °F and below 0 °C/ 32 °F).
- If you have a mechanical watch that you are not wearing, be sure to wind it at least once per month. This slows down the ageing process of the oils and lubrication.
- Avoid the magnetic fields to which we are all exposed every day (e.g. microwaves, television, loudspeakers, locking systems on handbags, etc.).
- Water-resistance cannot be guaranteed indefinitely. Ageing of the seals as a result of temperature fluctuations, sharp impacts or cosmetics (body lotion, perfume, etc.) can impair the watch’s water-resistance. We recommend regular checking of the water-resistance and frequent replacement of all seals.
- Only ever permit an authorized service centre to open the case.
|3||30||100||Suitable for everyday use. Splash/rain resistant. NOT suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkeling, water related activities.|
|5||50||165||Suitable for swimming, white water rafting, non-snorkeling water related activities.|
|10||100||330||Suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.|
Water Resistant is a common mark stamped on the back of wrist watches to indicate how well a watch is sealed against the ingress of water. It is usually accompanied by an indication of the static test pressure that samples of newly manufactured watches were exposed to in a leakage test.
An indication of the test pressure in terms of water depth does not mean a water resistant watch was designed for repeated long-term use in such water depths. For example, a watch marked 30 meters water resistant cannot be expected to withstand activity for longer time periods in a swimming pool, let alone continue to function at 30 meters under water. This is because the test is conducted only once using static pressure on a sample of newly-manufactured watches.
The test for qualifying a diving watch for repeated usage in a given depth includes safety margins to take factors into account like ageing of the seals, the properties of water and seawater, rapidly changing water pressure and temperature, as well as dynamic mechanical stresses encountered by a watch. Also every diving watch has to be tested for water resistance or water-tightness and resistance at a water overpressure as it is officially defined.
Ulysse Girard Watches watches are secured one year from the original purchase date against manufacturing defects with the international Ulysse Girard Watches warranty. All maintenance, replacements, and general service should be performed by an authorized Ulysse Girard Watches service center. Work administered on Ulysse Girard Watches watches by unauthorized entities, or amendments to the serial number yield the warranty invalid.
If a Ulysse Girard Watches watch is resold after the original purchase, the initial warranty does not apply unless authentic proof of purchase (unaltered or doctored) is provided from an authorized seller.